Mak Tare attended the prestigious meeting in first week of February 2020.
The meeting was arranged in The Royal College of Physicians in London and was attended over 250 Surgeons from UK and Europe.
The meeting was focussed on the various important and controversial issues:
- Should we treat the divarication of recti muscles without any obvious hernia?
- Which mesh is best for infected and non- infected cases?
- The newer meshes and the composition of ideal mesh?
- Should we combine panniculectomy with hernia repair? Also, there was an interesting session on Lateral hernia repairs.
- Mak thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. It was quite reassuring to see that my practice of hernia repair is at par with the current trends across the continents.
- There is still an ongoing debate over the availability of a ‘perfect mesh’. It was decided that no single mesh is universally fit for all the cases. The choice of mesh depends on the individual case basis, the experience of the surgeon, and local guidelines.