Hand Surgery, Essex
Mr Tare has developed his skills in the challenging world of reconstructive microsurgery for upper and lower limb.
1. Mak Specialises in the management of Arthritis involving small joints of hand. He visited Austria to learn the art of base of thumb joint replacement with an advanced prosthesis. Majority of his patients are delighted with the range of painfree movements regained following the joint replacement.
2. Peripheral nerve decompression i.e Carpal tunnel decompression, Cubital tunnel and Gouyan`s canal decompression.
3. Trigger finger and Ganglion excision.
4. Dupuytrens disease (a fixed flexion contracture of the hand where the fingers bend towards the palm and cannot be fully straightened): primary and recurrent disease.
5. Rheumatoid /Osteo arthritis of hand and deformities correction.
6. MCPJ, PIPJ and CMC joints replacements.
7. Tendon transfers and tendon rebalancing procedures.
8. Congenital hand deformities, which includes joined fingers, excess fingers/thumbs, absent thumbs/fingers and cleft hands.
9. Correction of spastic hands, tetraplegia and post stroke hand deformities.
10. Peripheral nerve surgery including secondary nerve reconstruction.
11.Complex microvascular reconstruction of hand including toe to thumb/finger transfer, vascularised joints transfer and pulp transfer.
12. Vascular malformations in upper limb.
13. Small joints ( MCPJ/PIPJ) arthroscopy.
14. Primary and Secondary reconstruction of tendons, bone and nerves.
Mak Tare works very closely with a team of specialist hand therapist in private hospitals.All patients are seen by Physiotherapist for an appropriate splint and exercise regime. Patients are seen at weekly interval to monitor their progress. Patients are expected to follow the instructions for wound cleaning and exercise regime sincerely. A painful, stiff and swollen finger can jeopardize the outcome following a successful surgery. Patients are encouraged to move their fingers with painkiller medication to reduce the swelling as per the exercise protocols.